Sierra Nevada College
Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village, Nevada is a four-year private liberal arts college with graduate programs in teaching and leadership in Incline Village, Reno, and Las Vegas/Henderson. The liberal arts focus at SNC is coupled with a commitment to entrepreneurial thinking, professional preparedness and sustainability that runs throughout the curriculum. For over 40 years, Sierra Nevada College has been the only 4-year, private college in Nevada. Sierra Nevada College was founded in 1969 and is regionally accredited by Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
At Sierra Nevada College, we know what knowledge and skills are needed to make a difference in the classroom, the community and the world. The Master of Education in Teaching and Leadership degree is designed to meet the needs of teachers and military personnel who are seeking theory-to-practice leadership training combined with instruction on advanced teaching techniques. The college offers intellectual, educational, and cultural resources to its graduates and the communities of Nevada. To learn more about Sierra Nevada College, call 775.831.1314 or visit its website at www.sierranevada.edu.
Sierra Nevada College requires:
- Application for admission
- Two-Three page, typewritten Purpose Statement “Describe your current leadership role and how you anticipate this program will enhance this role in the classroom and your community.”
- Copy of teaching license (current)
- One official transcript showing a posted bachelor’s degree with an earned 3.0 grade point average (GPA).
- Official transcripts of any graduate coursework not shown on the bachelor’s transcript must also be submitted.
- Applicants with a GPA below a 3.0 are required to submit two.